15 Kms in 6 days brings up 426 kms in 2017 so far #Fitness #Running
7 things to keep in mind when you run:
- You focus on Your Body: Not everyone’s body reacts and responds to things, environment, weather, strain, stress etc the same way. Health is of prime importance. So just because someone else is running a 100 kms or covering 1000kms or going for runs after 8 am or running at nights etc, does not necessarily mean it is the right thing for you too to do. Each individual has a different way and mechanism of reacting to things. So ensure that at all times you pay attention to what your body is telling you.
- Heat: Running is exertion and heats up your body temperature a lot. So that, coupled with the hot climate conditions in India, especially during April, May etc one needs to be very sure about the timing of their running plans etc too.
- Hydrate: I can’t stress this enough. Dehydration is not just about water loss or feeling fatigue. Its a dangerous way to experiment and or ignore your body’s water needs. There are small water bottles, pouches of water etc too at times that can be easily purchased whenever you go for runs or at least make sure you carry them with you.
- Health: Keep checking your health from time to time. Its fabulous to push your body to limits and beyond but never at the cost of your health. Checking with your doctors from time to time is a great way to understand what is working and what’s not for your body.
- Diet: Control your diet. If you keep taking sugar, oily foods, etc no amount of exercise or run will add value or deliver a fitness or healthy lifestyle that you are probably aiming for. Splurging from time to time is fine, but follow a proper diet plan that suits and meets your body requirements.
- Stretch: Stretching is core, do not ignore.
- Ease and enjoy: Remember, running should be a fun thing and not a chore. Enjoy the process. Cool down, stop or relax whenever you feel like.
The only person you are competing with when you run is Yourself
Stay safe, be healthy and have a great time.
Keep running and stay fit.
Do share your experiences with me, would love to hear from you.